CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ever since I watched a video on youtube from the fabulous Renee, I've really wanted to try this technique.  It's called shadow stamping.  It's kind of hard to tell with this picture but the flowers look like they are shadowed.
To break it down fairly simply you need to find a solid image and stamp it on your paper in craft white (from SU!) and then dry it with your heat gun or you'll have to wait awhile because it's fairly wet stuff.  Then you grabanother color that's somewhat close to your background paper and offset the image just a bit, like giving it a shadow.  It definitely helps to have you stamp-a-ma-jig for this as then you can line up your image exactly where you want it to be instead of just guessing.  Now that I finally figured out how it works I love my stamp-a-ma-jig!!! What a time, paper and life saver...lol
I'm working on another card to showcase this technique and if I could ever got off of work at a decent hour I might actually be able to finish the card.  Soon my dear friends, soon.  I'm noticing this picture is a little blurry and well I just happened to find out the government owes me a little moooney, damn tax man, I knew they over-taxed me.  So with my newly acquired fortune I may splurge a little and buy the camera I want.  But we'll have to wait and see...
Anyways I must leave you for now, until next time!

Hez

1 comment:

  1. LMAO, @ your newly aqquired fortune...
    the card Looks great You shall have to show me the how... Hope to see you on monday for my next lesson.. unless that thing called work interupts.

    ReplyDelete