CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Fab Friday

Happy Friday everyone, although it's not really Friday for me, I still have two more days before my weekend starts.  So I made this card while ago, I do belive I CASEd this from Renee Vanstralen, Stamping For Sanity.  She has an amazing blog and I absolutely follow it religiously, she is a wonderfully talented lady,  Kudos Renee!!  If you don't know what CASE means, it's copy and and share everything, or copy and selectively edit.
Basically, I copied her layout and changed everything else.  I don't like to copy exactly everything about a card or page, my biggest problem is coming up with my own layout so I tend to "borrow" those from other people. 
I really like this card, and the colors.  I don't make too many manly cards but this would definitely work.  I didn't put a sentiment on because I don't know what I'll end up using it for, probably father's day, but I left space underneath the truck to stamp something if needed.
Originally when I got the Stampin Up! catalogue back in July, I just glanced over this stamp set (Countryside), but then I saw what Renee had done with it and HAD TO HAVE IT!!  I like that it works for man stuff and that it's kind of vintagey/antique.  That seems to be a little bit of my thing lately, not sure why.  The grey paper with the polka dots is coredinations cardstock, which is absolutely faahbulous.  I really like sanding it and revealing the core, it's just so easy.  I don't know if you can tell but I dry embossed lines on the orange background carstock, it just seemed too plain on it's own.

Anyways, I do have more to show you so I'll stop back later with another card, or maybe a scrapbook page, I've been a busy bee lately!

Have a fab Friday,

Hez

1 comment:

  1. Ok you've got me hooked... next time I want to try to ATTEMPT this one...
    Was alot of fun! You are a great teacher!
    Thanks for being so patient with me.

    ReplyDelete